Monday, June 8, 2009

Camping

A friend of mine invited Kaden and I to go camping with her family a couple of weekends ago. The thought of single-parent camping made me a little hesitant at first, but I decided to give it a shot. I knew Kaden would have fun and he certainly did. He had a great time with the dirt, sticks, bugs and fire. There were other kids there for him to play with and the guys even let him "play" horseshoes with them. He had an absolute ball. Boy, did he play hard. One night, he was so beat he fell asleep in his camping chair by the fire. I had a good time too. It wasn't as difficult as I thought, in fact, it was so enjoyable I'm looking forward to camping more.  Thanks Tiffany and Leon for inviting us!

A dirty face, cold beverage and a seat next to the fire - what else does a kid need?





Leon took Kaden for a little 4-wheeler ride.




It was too difficult to ride his bike on the rocky dirt path so Kaden gave up and carried it.

Roasting a marshmallow.  Yum!


3 comments:

  1. sounds like kaden had a blast camping! Camping is the greatest, you get to be outside all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun! Good for you. Kaden will remember these kinds of trips over Disneyland/Lagoon any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so I am 2 weeks past due on commenting.. sheesh! Soo cute! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete