Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter

Is it me, or are the years passing by faster and faster? I guess that's a sure sign that I'm getting older. Another holiday has come and gone. Easter was different this year. We usually get together with my aunts, uncles and cousins, and our children on my mom's side. This year we didn't. It seemed everyone was doing their own thing. This was a first and it was kinda weird. I don't know if it's foretelling what's to come.

Derek wanted to play the martyr and refused his time with Kaden. His loss. But it meant that I got to have more fun. Anyway, we started off with an Easter Egg hunt at Bestemor's apartments on Saturday. Kaden loved it. The hunt, the candy, the Easter Bunny, all of it. It was fun. That night we had my parents and Travis, Kathy and Taylor (brother, sister-in-law, and neice) over for pizza and coloring eggs. We had a good time.

I set my alarm Sunday morning to get up before Kaden and hide the real eggs. Unfortunately, he woke up ten minutes before my alarm went off...and he remembered the Easter Bunny should have come. I sent him to go potty and rushed downstairs to quickly hide the dozen eggs. He was bawling about this, but I was able to pull it off. Then we went down and I made him wait on the stairs for me to get my camera first. He cried again. I am a meany. But he quickly forgot about it and got excited to see what the Easter Bunny left: a Spiderman scooter, a Nerf gun, his very own pack of gum (he seemed most excited about that), $2.00, and some candy. He enjoyed finding the eggs and re-hid them a few times throughout the day and found them all again. We all had dinner at my parents' later that afternoon. The kids had another hunt and got presents from Grandma and Grandpa.

I did shed a few tears over the situation with Derek, but all in all it was a good day. It was disappointing that the weather put a small damper on the day. It just doesn't seem like Easter when it's gray, cold and windy outside.

Sorry the pictures are so tiny. I'm not technologically inclined and couldn't figure out how to fix them.

No comments:

Post a Comment