Thursday, March 31, 2011

Like, Totally Random 'n Stuff

I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged!  Life just got in the way I guess.  There's no sense posting details about the last 3+ months.  Christmas was good.  New Year's too.  Other than that, I've been preoccupied with adjusting to changes concerning Kaden's dad.  There seems to always be twists and turns when it comes to him, and I am trying to do the right thing for Kaden and fit that into my life.  It's more of an emotional burden than anything else.  Nevertheless I am weary.

I am in the twilight of my 30's.  BOOHOO...WAAWAAWAA!!!  I will be 40 in 273 days (oh my hell).  Less than 9 months.  I refuse to be fat and 40 so I have a lot of work to do.  I said this on my 39th birthday a few months ago.  With stress that began right after New Year's I've gained 10 pounds.

Kaden is a cute and funny as ever and is THE highlight of my life.  There is never a dull moment with him, but he is such an easygoing child.  He has such a great personality.  He brings me so much joy.
 
Here are some random highlights of what Kaden and I have been up to.

Kaden was invited to a Princess (and Prince's) Birthday Party.  All of the little girls were wearing their princess dress-ups so I decided Kaden should dress-up like prince charming.  I made the costume from scratch.  Like totally from scratch...no pattern.  I traced a shirt onto tissue paper and made my own pattern.  It turned out so cute!  He was the hit of the party (exception being the birthday girl of course).  I'm hoping he'll wear it for Halloween (2 birds, 1 stone), but I have a feeling by then he won't want anything to do with it.



I am happy about my latest project.  I got this idea out of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  It's an over-the-door shoe holder hung in the pantry for odds and ends.  Kaden's snacks are in the bottom part so it is very easy for him to get something rather than climbing on the counter to get in the cupboard.  Simple things.


Kaden gave himself a haircut.  With the "kid scissors" he begged me to buy him.  Nice.

3 comments:

  1. Even though I see you everyday (and love it!) I still love reading your blog! Good word! Change is hard but necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! A new post!! Like Shar, I see you every day but love when you blog! Good word, cute kid, and you are amazing! This is YOUR year starting...NOW!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly, that door thing is awesome, hope you don't mind if I use it. Poor Kaden, at least he's a boy and you can just buzz his head. lol. I hope you are able to stick with it and accomplish all that you want to this year. I love reading your posts, your great!

    ReplyDelete