Wednesday, October 15, 2008

TWO Cute!






I cannot believe my baby is two! Where has the time gone? Suddenly my toddler has become a little boy. A crazy, funny, gorgeous boy. All of us mothers long for the days when our children were babies, but at the same time have so much fun experiencing the new things they do each day as they grow. I miss the days when I could hold him in my arms for hours. That only lasted a few short months for me. Kaden hasn't been much of a cuddler since he was about 5 months old. The closest I get to cuddling now days is him laying next to me in my bed and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny.

I think back to when Kaden was born and how sick he was and what a horrible time it was when he was in the NICU. It was such an emotional time and it was the longest 10 days of my life. I hope to never have to go through it again. Luckily that wasn't a predictor for his future health. He has hardly been sick at all since. A few sniffles now and then, but that is all. He has been a dream to raise (keep it up Doodle!). He slept through the night at 6 weeks old, goes to sleep on his own, never fusses about going to bed, is a good napper, has a wonderful temperament, and is so personable, happy and funny...I could go on and on.

Kaden, I love you and am so grateful for the gift Heavenly Father gave me in you. You make life worth living and give it purpose. Happy Birthday Kaden Boy!

We had a fun birthday party for Kaden on Saturday the 11th. A friend of mine lent us their bounce house. It is a small one, so it fit perfectly in the basement (it was freezing outside!). The kids had fun. It took Kaden a good half-hour before he would even get in the thing. He bawled and bawled. Meanwhile two, one year old girls were in there having a gay ol' time. Kaden was the only boy and the only one crying. Oh well. Then we did a craft where each kid made a pumpkin face to stick on their goodie bag. We ate lunch then opened presents.

Kaden got spoiled! Thank you to everyone for your generosity. Afterwards we sang a beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday To You." Kaden joined in and sang too. When it came time to sing "happy birthday to Kaden..." he pointed to himself. It was so adorable.  He blew out the candles without being prompted to do so.  Kids are surprising with what they learn through observation.
Thank you everyone for sharing in Kaden's day. We had fun and hope you did too.

2 comments:

  1. Stacy, I completely agree with your comment about "Where has the time gone?" Kaden is growing up sooooo fast. His personality is growing just as fast as he is. He is such a character. I love how alive and excited he is about everything.
    Thank you for including us for his birthday. Jaelynn had a great time and didn't want to leave.
    We love you both so much! Keep in touch! :)
    p.s. I love your new blog page! Cute. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad I missed his party. But I would say he did get spoiled. Crazy that 2 years has already come and gone. Seriously, time does fly when you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete