![]() |
| Drawing of our new townhouse. |
We finally closed on the sale of my house. Closing was delayed until Christmas Eve morning. And funding was delayed because the buyer's bank was closed the day after Christmas. If it involves me the process just can't be smooth. On Monday, my birthday, everything was finalized. Happy Birthday to me!
We moved on December 31st and even with hired movers it took all day. Those first couple of days are always rough. Boxes are everywhere, you don't know where to put things yet (I'm obsessive about having just the right spot for things) and can't remember in what box you put whatever it is you're looking for. It took several days to get settled, but with TONS of help from Derek, just about everything got installed, hooked-up, hung, etc. He was a huge help to me which was especially nice considering the situation.
The next day I realized that I had left my eyeglasses at my old house. I knew my realtor was going there to pick up her sign and take the lock box off the front door so I asked if I could meet her there and get my glasses. The new owners were moving in when we got there. They let me in and it was strange to see my house with somebody else's stuff in it. It was instantly not my house anymore. It felt so weird.
The first few days Kaden kept asking to go home. It was sad and kinda cute at the same time. "Home," he would say and point to the door. Jada wasn't adjusting well either. Since it's a townhouse, dogs must stay on a leash at all times when outside. Jada is not and never has been a leash dog and I never had the patience to work on it with her (we dropped out of puppy training classes). She always loved to roam in the back yard. She can't do that anymore and the adjustment of having to take her out on the leash did not go well at all for either of us.
I am very grateful to have this wonderful new home. It wouldn't be possible without my sister and I thank her for her love and willingness. I feel SPOILED! No more creaky floors, shoveling snow, mowing, scraping car windows or burning my buns on my seat in the heat of summer (I have a garage now!). There's a pool and a playground for Kaden. Everything is brand new. I absolutely love it. Of course there's a nice side helping of guilt to go with it, but all-in-all I am happy.


Yeah! Congratulations on your new home! It is Beautiful. It is fun to be the first one to touch everything and it be brand new. I am so happy for you. You deserve this. You have wroked so hard for so long and it is great that you finally got your rainbow after so much rain. I hope you are happy and doing well. Love, Des
ReplyDeleteIt looks so pretty. One of the best things about my townhouse is hearing the guys scrape the snow off the walks on a snowy morning when I'm still curled in bed -- music to my ears. Worth every penny. Looking forward to brunch in February. That is so fun to say. Brunch. After that we should schedule a Tea.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you and Tina! You guys deserve it! It was absolutely beautiful! I know you will decorate it so cute too! It already looked good after being in for a week. I enjoyed lunch as well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on selling the old house and getting settled into the new house. Good luck with the Jada situation. Our cat didn't like our new house very much and by didn't like I mean he peed every where. So he found himself a new home on KSL. And don't feel guilty about any of the things you have, you deserve it all plus so much more.
ReplyDeleteno more yard work- heck yeah!!! You'll have such a great time in the new place.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You have to check out my new favorite blog- cakewrecks.blogspot.com. Hilarious the pics and the writing are great, especially if you are just looking for a quick pick-me-up. Love you-bree
the house looks beautiful and Im sure you will have blast soaking up the sun in the pool. Its always fun to start over in a new home. Im happy for you and sorry to hear about you and Derek. Take care
ReplyDelete