Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas

We hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas! We were supposed to have moved before Christmas, but the timing of closing didn't work out.  I was looking forward to being in the new house for Christmas.  Despite the let down of not having moved, Christmas for us was good. Having fun with family always is. We did receive a Chrismas miracle of finally closing on the sale of my house Christmas Eve morning.

We had a family party with the Snyder's on the 23rd. We had a good time with them all.  As usual, Daddy Roy and Amie LuAnn spoiled us. They always go above and beyond. I put together a calendar for them of the grandkids (and a few of us adult kids too), but the printers didn't have it ready on time. Due to the delay I had it shipped directly to them, so I didn't get to see the finished product (bummer). I hope all the pictures turned out.


Daddy Roy, JoAnn, LuAnn and Timothy


Jaelynn and Lexie


Daddy Roy, Timothy, Derek and Kaden


Christmas Eve was spent with the Iversen side of the family. As usual, it was pandemonium and chaos. Lots of yelling and screaming. It wouldn't be Christmas Eve without it. We're getting lazy with the gifts for the White Elephant exchange though. We've got to step it up next year. Travis was the only one who came through. Way to be a Bailey Trav!

Chrismas morning Derek and I watched Kaden open his presents. I know he doesn't know what Christmas is all about, but he sure caught on to the idea of presents right quick. Afterwards, we went to my parents' to have our Christmas Day traditions with them. YUMMY brunch, presents, games, snacks, snacks and dinner. Thank you to my family for all of the gifts. It was a good day.


Like our Charlie Brown tree?  We didn't put up a regular tree because we supposed to have moved.  My mom gave us this one at the last minute.


Uncle Travis, Kaden, Woody and don't forget, The Fonz.


Grandma put the bra Tarah got for Christmas on Kaden.

It snowed about a foot during Christmas day.  It was a bit of a scary drive home, but we made it.  Then Tina and I had to shovel the giant double driveway.  It took an hour and a half.  Then we had to put in another hour and a half shoveling snow again the next day.  When we move we won't have to shovel any more.  Hooray!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun time was had by all. Congrats on the new place. I'm actually just about to make the Christmas cereal "crack" from Tina's blog and then sit down to watch the Biggest Loser. It might be the last good thing I eat in awhile. I'm hoping to get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the help in posting my comment! I loved your new place and seeing you and Pam. We need to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the pictures. We had a great time this Christmas also. Daddy Roy and Amie LuAnn spoiled ALL OF US! I'm glad you're all settled into the new place and will be able to have a "burning of the snow shovel" ceremony. Good Times.
    p.s. I was also wondering why Kaden was wearing a bra???? He's going to be pretty mad in a few years when these blackmail pictures re-surface.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My neice Tarah received a bra for Christmas and my mom put it on Kaden. Kinda sad that the bra of a 12 year old fits my 2 year old. What can I say? She's a skinny thing. This pic will definitely be saved in the "Blackmail" file.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cereal crack. I miss it already.

    ReplyDelete