Kaden and I went camping with my sister and her family this past weekend. We camped at Skyline Drive. I have to say, camping is much nicer in a RV. Kristin and Dave have a trailer and it was nice to have some of the comforts of home (toilet, running water, heat, stove, etc.) while camping. Kaden and Annika had fun together despite some moments of "sibling" rivalry.
A couple of my favorite Annika moments were: her calling her parents' "Kwisin" and "Dave" instead of Mom and Dad, walking around with the big, pink bucket on her head, saying "dammit" when she dropped her baby doll, and her camping hair-do.
A few of my favorite Kaden moments were: "Come on A'ika, sicks" (translation, come on Annika, let's go find some sticks), "Why?", "Why not?", "Dave, cycle, me." (translation, Dave, will you please take me for a ride on the 4-wheeler), "Mom, fellows, fidr, me." (translation, Mom, I want to roast some marshmallows over the fire).
We returned on Sunday and had a belated Independence Day celebration with my family: traditional BBQ fare and mini-fireworks for the kids (Pop-its and Sparklers). It was a fun weekend. I still haven't replaced my broken digital camera so I stole these pictures from Tina. Thanks, Tina!
![]() |
| Grandpa, the big spender that he is, sprung for a baseball set at the dollar store. |



![]() |
| Kaden and Annika had a hard time throwing the pop-its on the ground hard enough to make them snap. |

![]() |
| We spend money on toys and they have more fun riding around on a dollie and playing with the watering can and hose. |






Love the dollar store baseball set. Glad you had fun camping! I agree everything's better in an RV.
ReplyDeleteIts looks like you might have to invest in a RV so Kaden can go camping all the time and have his marshmellows. Glad you had a fun Fourth of July
ReplyDelete