Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Things To Do

My sister recently blogged about an "Epic Fail" button. I have been thinking for awhile about an unchecked list of things to do that I have. Oh how much that button applies to this list. Although nothing on the list is "epic" the pressure we women put on ourselves about such things is.

On my list are things like get rid of the clutter, lose weight, organize my home, clean more often, finish wedding album, lose weight, start Kaden's scrapbook, complete other unfinished craft projects, take better care of myself, do more activites with Kaden, lose weight, be more patient and kind, etc.

The good news is that I got to check one item off the list. This month I finished my wedding album!!! The wedding was a mere four years ago (nearly)! It would have been done a lot sooner if I had worked on it more than twice a year and if it hadn't taken me an hour or more to complete each and every page. Sometimes I asked myself, "Why bother now?" But it does mean something to me and I hope it will mean something to Kaden someday. Despite how things have ended up my wedding day meant a lot to me and will always hold a special place in my heart. It was a simple wedding that due to the generosity of my parents and in-laws, Roy and LuAnn (fantastic rehearsal dinner and Cancun honeymoon!!!), was a dream come true.

Now, on to the next project...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your wedding album. I got married 8 years ago and mine still isn't done let alone a single page for the girls books. I hate those long to-do lists, they never end, even when you check something off. I hope you're having a nice summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are far more ambitious that I will ever be. The only wedding album I have is the photo album from the photographer.
    If I were to make a list of my own they would be almost exactly the same. (aside from the wedding album)

    ReplyDelete