
Kaden loved Halloween this year!
I can't remember why he was bawling. I guess he wasn't happy about the idea of getting free candy. He was lucky we got to trick or treat at all. The dreaded H1N1 paid me a visit. The swine flu. I would have rather not had such a houseguest...what a pig. I was sick all week. Kaden wasn't well for one day and the pediatrician prescribed Tamiflu. Tina was sick for a couple of days too, her doctor gave her Tamiflu as well. I was afraid I wouldn't be well enough to take him trick or treating. Luckily, I started feeling better the day before so we got to enjoy our Halloween traditions at my parents': chili and trick or treating in their neighborhood with the family.
My mom and I made Kaden's costume (including the boots) and I must say that I am impressed with ourselves. Honestly, my mom did most of the work. I came up with the concept and my mom brought it to fruition. All I did was baste some lace onto a turtleneck. She sewed the sash and the boots (which were actually shoe covers). Everything only cost about $10.00, not counting the stuff we already had - hat, sword, turtleneck, lace. I think looks so much cuter than anything we could have bought.


Kaden and his dad in his "costume" (that is one of his mother's wigs, and yes she does wear it). Derek wanted to keep his distance due to the H1N1 flu, but I stopped by and let Kaden trick or treat at their house so he could at least see him dressed up.


He is THE cutest Pirate I have ever seen. Nice job on the costume! I am SOOO impressed. So cute!
ReplyDeleteI can't remember why he was crying either. LOL. SO CUTE though!
ReplyDeletethat is so awesome that you guys made that costume!! it turned out super cute! i wish i was domesticated like that somedays!
ReplyDelete