Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas, Four Tee and the New Year

We had a great Christmas this year.  The festivities began on the 22nd with a family party with the Snyders.  Kaden's grandparents are so nice to always include me.  Kaden, as usual, got spoiled! 

Can you tell they're related?

My evening, however, was spoiled by my ex-husband's mother (the infamous MIL) for giving me a bad time about not letting him sleep over at my house on Christmas Eve so he could spend Christmas morning with Kaden. Sorry, but NO: (A) it's weird, we're divorced, and (B) I tried that a couple of years ago and it was a disaster! She told me I should be inviting him to my family activities because his family still invites me to theirs.   I stood up to her and I'm proud of myself for that.

On Friday the 23rd my mom, sisters, sister-in-law and friend Bree planned a surprise party for my 40th birthday.  It was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me!  There was something like 45+ people there, including my new man, Jim.  I felt so loved!  I can't believe I'm 40.  FOUR TEE!!!!!  A friend of mine referred to it as the 10th anniversary of my 30th birthday.  That sounds pretty good to me!

I got this cute necklace for myself to celebrate the big Four Oh. 



Christmas Eve we had the Iversen family Christmas party.

Christmas morning I woke up early and went to pick up Derek so he could be with Kaden to watch him open presents Christmas morning.  Yes, I'm nice.  Yes, I felt guilty.  I realize that there will be a time in the future when Kaden will sleepover with his dad to be with him Christmas morning.  But not this year, because Derek could not provide the Christmas experience (no tree, no decorations, no stocking, and only one gift). 

After Christmas morning I dropped Kaden's dad back off at his place and we went to my parents' house for brunch and gifts.  I always enjoy Christmas day at my parents with my family.  We hang out, laugh and play games.  It is always such a relaxing, fun day.

Later Christmas afternoon/early evening I took Kaden back to his Dad and they went to a family party with his Dad's side of the family.  What a busy day of running back and forth four times!

Kaden seems happy with his gifts.  Particulary the Star Wars stuff - light saber, Blue Ray movies, Star Trooper helmet, and his iPod.  Mine is the Tetris game Santa brought me.  Curses, I stayed up so late playing that game over my holiday vacation, that now I can't get back on a regular sleep schedule.




This is Kaden seeing "Christmas" for the first time.  He took off his shirt before he came downstairs because he was hot.

My mom knitted Taylor that cute rainbow scarf.  Don't all of the adults look so excited?

I love Annika in the background giving Grandma a hug, thanking her for the presents.


Monster High Dolls are all the rage for girls this year.

I love my brother!  And Dave in the background is an added bonus.



I ended the holidays by celebrating New Year's Eve at my sister's house with about 30 of our closest friends, including Jim and his two boys.  Kaden celebrated with his dad (see I'm not as mean as Derek's mom says I am).  On New Year's Day we had family dinner to celebrate my sister-in-law's and my birthdays.  My family gave me a new TV - flat panel, 32", LCD TV!  Welcome to the future, Stacy!  Pair that with the Blue Ray player from the most generous in-laws and we are set!  My man gave me an sparkly, pink ice fishing pole among a bunch of other things so I guess I will be putting that to use.  I couldn't be happier!

Happy New Year everyone!  May 2012 be a great year for all of us.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good holiday season. I love seeing pictures of your family, it has been awhile since I have seen everyone. You possess 40 with such grace and style, I can only hope that I embrace it as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? You don't have to justify anything. It's a hard situation and you do what you have to do. You're so beautiful and I wish you all the best.
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! I want a 39ish necklace like that. You will have to tell me where you got it!

    ReplyDelete