Thursday, November 14, 2013

Holy Blog Update!

I've been a terrible blogger and haven't kept up my blog.  Here is a major recap.

My last post was about Kaden starting Kindergarten.  After the school year started Kaden turned 6 and had an awesome costume birthday party.



















Hallowen was fun too!
Maddie dressed as a clown.

We went to a Halloween party.


We carved pumpkins.

Cocoa kept eating Kaden's pumpkin.


Monster High Girl.



Vampire.


We had an awesome Christmas!
These kids were spoiled by Daddy Roy and Ammie LuAnn.  Poor Kaden was so sick.  I had to take him to InstaCare for croup on the way home.


My favorite part of Christmas with my family is that we spend the day playing games.  The Game O' 2012 was Headbandz.
Kaden's guess: "Am I a hippo?"
Answer: "No."
Kaden's next guess: "Am I a potamus?"




We rang in the 2013 New Year with Kaden severely ill with a gastrointestinal virus.  At first I told myself, at least it's only diarrhea and not the throw-ups.  But it continued on and on.  And on.  It was constant all day and we were up literally every hour or two all night, with next to no sleep for days.  I'd have wished he barfed for a day and got it over with.  We were in the emergency room (per the pediatrician) on New Year's Eve.  A couple of days after that we were at the pediatrician's office.  Then, later that night, at Primary Children's where he was admitted overnight.  It was a very stressful.  Probably worsened by the fact that we weren't getting any sleep.  It took ten days but we finally resumed life and normalcy.  I hope to never go through that again - poor Kaden!



Took the nurses three tries to get this IV.


On January 25, 2013, Cocoa went to heaven may she rest in peace. We had her for only 3 1/2 months.  She got an infection in her foot and we couldn't get her well.  I felt the poor thing was suffering (not eating, drinking or moving) so I had her euthanized.  Kaden wanted a new guinea pig right away.  My mom told him she would buy him one.  They went to the pet store and they were out of guinea pigs #blessingindisguise.  To this day we do not have a replacement guinea pig. After Cocoa's passing I found pictures Kaden had taken of her on my camera. Based on said pictures I decided he is not responsible enough for a pet (holding her by her neck, etc.).  Poor Cocoa probably wished herself dead.
This pic was taken the day Cocoa left us.


On January 26th Kaden had an awesome break dancing performance.  I'll upload a link to the You Tube video in a separate post.









In February my Blue Rocket, the Buick took a dump and with great displeasure I had to buy a new car.  Although I love my new car, I HATE, HATE, HATE having a car payment.  Ol' Blue was paid off.  Being a single mother, with ever increasing health insurance rates, lack of raises and no child support makes a car payment a near impossibility.  I worked a second job teaching students on home and hospital for a few months to help make ends meet.


In February we went to a hunting expo (with the man #jimpage) and Kaden shot a BB gun for the first time and got a bullseye!  Then he shot a bow but wasn't quite as successful.










Kaden lost his first tooth on April 10, 2013.



We celebrated Easter.





In May my sister-in-law became a Registered Nurse.  We are so proud of her!



In June, Kaden completed Kindergarten.


Coyote Pride Award

Kaden and Ms. Nelson





That updates us through most of the first half of the year.  A post to update our more of our happenings for 2013 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment