Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sorry about this...

It seems that each day I am becoming more and more depressed. I want new hair, new make-up, new clothes, new body, a new life. I have had a lot going on in my life these past few months. In a nutshell, the end of my marriage. Derek and I have been separated since July, give or take a week. I am on an emotional rollercoaster from day to day. One day I'm relieved, another day I'm sad, another day I'm worried, another day I'm mad, another day I'm stressed. Everyday, I feel guilty. Guilty, guilty, guilty. I am trying to make everyone happy, but no one is happy. Least of all myself.

This post is not to bash on my husband. He is not a bad person, but he has made several bad decisions. I won't go in to the details and if you want to know you, can ask me. I am not ashamed of it. I have been ashamed and secretive about it for four years prior to now, but have learned to not be any longer. Secrets are not good for the soul. I have always taken care of him and everything for him. I have been "in charge" and I still feel the need to do this for him despite the fact that we're separated. He is falling apart and I can't help him. I want to, but I can't. He has to do this on his own. I have tried for four years to "fix" him and have failed. Yes, I know this is not my failure because you can't fix or change someone, but still, it's how I feel. How do you you get your heart (emotion) and your brain (logic) in the same place?

I put my house up for sale two months ago and have accepted an offer that is scheduled to close Dec. 16th. My sister, Tina, and I are buying a townhouse together which we will close on the week prior. I wanted a townhouse for the no maintenance factor. Plus, my house is on a busy road and I've always wanted a safer place for Kaden to be able to play. The timing couldn't be more perfect, but I feel like I am leaving Derek behind. I owned my house for four years before I met him. I paid most of the household expenses during our marriage (with the help of my sisters who have lived with me). Why do I feel guilty for my success? I feel guilty that I have these things and he doesn't. I feel guilty for having put him out of my house, even though he deserved it. I feel guilty that it has become a burden on his brother and his wife. Heaven help me I'm going out of my mind.

I always wanted marriage so badly. It finally happened and I was like, "This is it?" I guess I just picked the wrong guy or I was the wrong girl. You know, I've heard many divorced people say that when they look back they knew they shouldn't have married the person they did. It is true for me. What was a "bump in the road" then has only amplified as time went on, especially after having a child.

Now we're having a surprise party for my dad's 60th birthday on Saturday and we'll be seeing many people we haven't seen in awhile and they'll be asking, "Where's your husband?" I'm not looking forward to it. Anyway, sorry about this pity party. This post isn't to seek attention, rather I hope it will help work through it.  Blogging is journaling for the 21st century, right?

8 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Venting does help. It sounds like you are doing the right thing for you and your son. Also, congratulations on your new townhouse. A change of scenery is a good thing. I love it best when it's a snowing morning and someone else is out shoveling the walks. You are loved, and happy birthday to your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stacey-
    Hang in there and I know right now is a hard time in your life and you feel completly alone and discouraged but know your Heavenly Father loves you and knows you personaly, what your needs and wants are and he will provide those for you. Hang in ther keep your chin up. "This too shall pass". Love ya Des

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me start by saying that each person makes their own choices. Derek made his own. His life is what he made it not you. You have such a caring heart and I know that you feel bad for the situation as it is right now, but don't take on the responsibility of it. You need to focus on being happy and stable for you and Kaden. Derek has to focus on getting on his feet and learning to take charge of his life. You can't help someone until they are ready to help themselves. Nobody blames you for doing what you need to do. Hang in there! I am here for you anytime you need an ear or even a shoulder to cry on.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister, I totally agree with what everyone has commented on. Venting does help, even when you aren't looking for answers sometimes it helps just to get it off your chest. I love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you sweetie. If you need help moving, let me know- Bree

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I am always here for you, and I will listen to anything you need to vent. I know this must be a hard time for you with the holidays and all, but given time, you will feel better. Isn't there a saying about Time heals? If not, there should be! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear about what is going on in your life. I hope that you find peace and know that you have friends who love you and pray for you. You have a heart of gold and need to take care of you and your little one. I wish I could do more to help. I am willing to listen when ever you need someone. I hope the holidays bring you cheer. (quick side note: do you have a new address I should send your christmas card to?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey im not sure if you remember me!! Sorry to hear about you and your husband. Its always good though when you have family around to help..my family is also going thru some rocky bumps so i totally understand how you feel

    ReplyDelete