Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Pam!

Pam, one of my dearest, best and definitely my longest friend, had a birthday last week. Pam and I met when we were 2 or 3 years old. I've known her longer than I've known my own siblings. I have many, many years of memories with Pam. Here are a few notable ones:

*Little girls in bikinis summer after summer.

*Surviving first grade with Mrs. Howard.

*Playing Little House on the Prairie. Which for some reason always involved "canning" Lincoln Logs.

*Dress-ups. Your mom had the coolest clothes and shoes for us to play with.

*Playing with Barbies, forever.

*Playing ANYTHING together from morning until night. Barely taking a break to eat lunch and dinner. We were joined at the hip.

*"KATH-A-LEEN! Pam's tickling me!"

*Fighting and making-up, all within an hour, but at the time it seemed like forever. A true friend is someone you can fight with.

*Playing Make Me Laugh.

*Puberty involving the discovery of doing our hair, make-up, clothes, shopping and boys.

*Babysitting together. Even though the parents' didn't hire us as a team.

*Cruising State Street. We all had to cram into the front seat together because no one wanted to sit in back by themselves.

*Always having someone with whom you can talk about things you never could with anyone else.

I imagine there are very few people who have friendships that begin before Kindergarten, last through High School graduation, marriage, kids, and so on. I am so lucky to have this kind of long lasting friendship with Pam. I imagine that some year we will be bragging about our grandchildren with one another. Thank you, Pam, for giving me memories to cherish always. I am so grateful for our friendship. I truly believe it was a friendship made in heaven. I love you dearly girl!

3 comments:

  1. Stacy, that is so sweet! It is nice to look at those times and remember what fun we had together. You were the sister that I never had. We have always felt that we must of known each other in heaven. I truly believe that. Thanks for those memories and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from me not Adam. I don't know how his name ended up there. I guess I haven't figured out this yet. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stac! I just found you from Caprisse's blog. I'm so glad I can keep tabs on you now. Cute new house...very exciting! Kaden is so cute.

    ReplyDelete