Saturday, May 7, 2011

Virgin Territory

I got Mystic'd (aka spray tanned) for the first time yesterday.  There was a Groupon special for two tans for $20.00.  The experience was OK.  First, while I was in the buff, I thought about those men we've heard about on the news who peak at people when they're tanning.  I was afraid for anyone who would try to peak at me.  Then I got in the booth and assumed the position.  Then came the spray.  Brrr.  Pew.  Choke.  Gasp.  Blind.  You have to manage all of that, then turn around without any of your body parts rubbing against each other (my thighs?  right.) or anything else, while you and the floor are slippery, and quickly re-assume the position - all without being able to breathe or see.  I'm sure that was a sight.

Finally you get out and towel off hoping you're doing it right so you don't get streaky or splotchy.  You're not supposed to sweat or shower until the next day.  The girl who "trained" me, recommended I not wear a bra for the rest of the day.  Cute.  The results slowly developed as the day went on.  Good news!  I don't look like this:



Next time I'll do it on the way home from work so I don't have to waste a whole day sitting around the house bra-less.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story. I'm sure you looked smokin hot afterwards too. I've never tried one of those but I've wanted to. And I love Kaden's shirt cause his mom is the bomb. Keep up the good posts, I love blog stalking you.

    ReplyDelete