My son has come to the realization that his dad and I were married at one time. Consequently he has asked The Inevitable Question:
"Why aren't you and my dad married anymore?"
GULP.
I gave my sister a look that translated to, "Help!"
Here is my explanation:
Mommy and daddy used to be married but aren't anymore.
Some mommies and daddies are married and live together.
Some are not and live in different houses.
Some kids only have a mommy and no daddy.
Some kids have only a daddy and no mommy.
Some kids have two mommies or two daddies.
Even though your mommy and daddy live in different houses we both love you very much.
His response?
"Oh. Can I watch a show in my room (when I go to bed)?"
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are such a good mommy. It was fun seeing you the other night. I love having a baby!! This post reminds me of that episode of Parenthood where Jabar asks the same thing. Have you seen that episode? Love that show!! And I cry pretty much every episode. Love you!
ReplyDeleteToo funny! Sounds like that answer worked! Hope you and Kaden are doing well. Love ya!
ReplyDeletePerfect answer. You are such an incredible mom. Seriously. Kaden is the best kid. I look up to you SOOO much. You are a great example to me and I hope to be HALF the mom you are some day. Thanks for all the advice you give ME! You are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI think you handled it very well sister. You kept it simple. Love you!
ReplyDelete